Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Loving your siblings!


Hey you all! So I was wondering would you all like me to do more bible study posts? I usually do them about once a week but I was wondering if you all think that I should have more in depth posts on bible studies, etc.? Please leave me a comment with your thoughts! But any how I'm a going to do a post about being kind to our siblings.



The bible says in 1 John 4:20-  If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen? 

 

This verse is saying- how can we really, truly love God if we are being mean, and hateful to our siblings! I know how siblings are; we constantly fight, argue, call each other names, and the list goes on and on. Believe me, I am totally guilty of this sin! Me and my brother get in arguments quite often. This year I have tried to improve my relationship with my brother by trying to be kinder and show my love more.

 

Many times our siblings may say something hurtful or mean and without us realizing it bitterness forms in our heart! We hold grudges against our siblings which make us more mean, selfish, and unloving! Many times our siblings don't even know that they have hurt us, and do not understand why we are bitter. That is why it is so very important to tell they that they have offended you instead of keeping it in.

Instead of being mean to our siblings we should be so thankful for them! Just think about how boring your life would be without them! Sometimes we might think it would be better without them, but we are so wrong! God gave us our family for a reason- for we would love and cherish them! When we hurt our siblings and family it is also hurting God! God wants us to ALWAYS be kind to those around us.

 Try this week to be as kind as you possibly can to your brothers and sisters! Give them an uplifting hug when they are down! I know that if you have younger siblings that the best thing you can do is spend time with them ( do the things they want to do) and be nice! My brother always loves it when I just go play Legos with him, and play Nerf wars with him. And most importantly tell them how much you love them!

Brittney Johnson is just your average (and crazy) teenage girl serving an extraordinary God. She loves reading amazing books, writing stories, and dreaming about someday publishing a book. She loves to blog and would be so glad if you read her posts, comment, and maybe even follow

2 comments:

  1. I struggle hugely with my little sister . . . thank you for this post, Brittney Ann.

    ReplyDelete
  2. With a big family..you can imagine how much I struggle with this. Thanks for sharing your thoughts..very encouraging.
    I would love for more bible study post. Maybe a series on different topics would be nice. Anything on your heart even would be awesome too =)

    ReplyDelete

Pleas keep all comments pleasing to the Lord!