Friday, February 1, 2013

Reading your Bible

OK, this devotional is a little bit late, so I'm really sorry!

   Today I would like to talk about Reading your Bible more. The Bible says in: 2Timothy 3:16-  All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness.
   Reading our bible is a very impotrant thing! It teach's us, encourages us, and helps us to draw closer to God. God gave his bible to us for we would cherish it and read it! So many people do not understand the power of the Bible and they don't read it as much as they should. We should read our bible on a daily basis.

  Many years ago Christians would lay down their lives for the bible, because it was against the law to have or read the bible! They gave everything for the could have the word of God! But today we could get a Bible anywhere and read it at anytime. We take for granted our religious freedom, and we don't care about God's word as much as we should. We need to want to read God's word! The Bible isn't just any other book! Books can inform you, but the Bible can Transform you! The Bible is much more important then we think it is!

  This week please try to get into God's Word and apply it to our life! I know that sometimes I fail to read the Bible as much as I should, but I am trying to do it more often , and to really think about what I am reading and then apply it to my life!

Brittney Johnson is just your average (and crazy) teenage girl serving an extraordinary God. She loves reading amazing books, writing stories, and dreaming about someday publishing a book. She loves to blog and would be so glad if you read her posts, comment, and maybe even follow

1 comment:

  1. I agree!! I used to not be in the Bible daily, but I regretted it every day that passed. I love reading the Bible!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Pleas keep all comments pleasing to the Lord!