Monday, March 25, 2013

Who's #1 in your life?




What's #1 in your life?

 Today I would like to talk about who or what is the  most important thing in your life? The bible says in: Mark 12:30- And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength; this is the first commandment. If we love God with all our heart don't you think that he will be #1 in our life? I know that I many times get my mind on earthly things instead of keeping my focus on God!
My mom has pointed out to me reacently that I sometimes spent to much time blogging & being on the computer instead of spending time in God's word & prayer. I've realized that I have been spending more time blogging, writing, reading, etc. that I should have been putting in spending time with God. As many of you know- I love to blog! But I am going to try to focus on this less & on God more. I really think that me being so caught up in earthly things is getting my sight of of God. So I am going to start reading my bible more and blog less.
The people that we love we spend time with, so if we love God more then anything wouldn't we want to spend time with him by reading the bible & praying more then anything else? The things that we love we make time for. For instance I love to blog so I make time for it, I also love to play the piano so I make time for that also. So if we love God won't we make time for him? We should be focused on God more then anything else! So many times we go a day watching TV, playing on the computer, hanging out with friends, but yet we skip reading our bible or praying for a day and we just shrug it off as " no big deal" But spending time with God is a HUGE DEAL! As christians we need to want to praise God and live for him every day.
   This week instead of spending so much time blogging, playing, writing, or whatever else you love to do, dedicate your days to God! What you take time to do each day shows you what is #1 in your life. If you are spending your time doing wordly things, that is what is #1 in your life! Either listening to music, or playing sports, or eithen blogging is more important to you then God, then he is not #1 in your life! Blogging isn't wrong in itself, but if it is more important to us then spending time with God it is wrong.
   I want God to be #1 in my life, and not little earthly things that in the end do not matter!
This week we should ask ourselves this question- What is the #1 most important thing in my life? And if it isn't God, then we aren't truly living for God like we should!



Brittney Johnson is just your average (and crazy) teenage girl serving an extraordinary God. She loves reading amazing books, writing stories, and dreaming about someday publishing a book. She loves to blog and would be so glad if you read her posts, comment, and maybe even follow

6 comments:

  1. Hey Brittney I was actually in a hurry to get the blog design post finished up today so I hope it's okay I added a feature about you. Great designs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very true :). I wanted to say thank you so much for sending me the header and button you made! I can't remember if I already thanked you or not, but I wanted to make sure you knew!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for this Brittney! I know in my life I have lots of things that take up my time. I make sure I get to those and then just slip in my devotions. But really, they should be first. My time with God should get the most attention. Thanks for this encouraging post and this week I'm going to try to spend more time with God.
    Hope your having a good week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I know I have the same problem!! Thanks Hope:) luv ya and hope u r having a good week as well!

      Delete
  4. Wow! I enjoy a lot of Christian songs, but I try to spend more time with God than ANYTHING else. I mean, sometimes I do fail, but God is by my side and helps me through thick and thin, Right? Very nice devotional.

    ReplyDelete

Pleas keep all comments pleasing to the Lord!