Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Guest post by my mom

Today i'm going to have my mom guest post for you guys =) I hope you enjoy it! My mom is such an amazing person in my life and I just love her to death! I thank God for blessing me with such a wonderful family=)

 

here are some pictures of my family:



And now I present to you...

Advice for Teens

By: Dema Johnson ( A.K.A Brittney's mom)


Brittney has asked me to guest post on her blog and I count it a special honor and privilege to do so.  It is a blessing to be Brittney's mom and to see her grow in the Lord.  

I know that being a teenager can seem difficult at times, but it is such an important time in life.  Teenage years are such a time of change as you start to have more independence and start to make some decisions on your own.  It is a time when you start to think about your future and what you will do with your life.  Your teenage years can be such a blessing if you follow these two simple guidelines:

Put God first -   My favorite verses are Proverbs 3:5-6  "Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths."  Our relationship with the Lord should be the most important thing in our life.  These verses tell us to acknowledge God in all our ways and in everything we do.  Do we do that?  Is God honored in everything we do?  Do we spend time with the Lord or more time on the computer or watching TV?  So often, we get busy and we don't spend the time in prayer and in our Bible like we should.  If you want God's direction for your life you have to spend quality time with Him!!  As a teenager you can have a close walk with the Lord!!
                                                                                                                                                                       
Honor and Respect your parents -  I know as a teenager you start to want more independence, but God has placed your parents as an umbrella of authority in your life.  Ephesians 6:1-3 says "Children, obey your parents in the Lord: for this is right. Honour thy father and mother; (which is the first commandment with promise;) That it may be well with thee, and thou mayest live long on the earth."  You should not only obey your parents but honor them!  Talking back and being disrespectful to your parents is not pleasing to the Lord.  I believe that the Lord will bless your life when you honor and obey your parents.  God gave you the parents that you have and when you honor them it is honoring to the Lord, also.  Sometimes you may not know why your parents won't allow you to do a certain thing, but just remember that they love you and want what is best for you.  

I hope that this is a blessing, maybe I will be able to write another post at another time.  May God bless each of you!

Dema Johnson

Brittney Johnson is just your average (and crazy) teenage girl serving an extraordinary God. She loves reading amazing books, writing stories, and dreaming about someday publishing a book. She loves to blog and would be so glad if you read her posts, comment, and maybe even follow

8 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed that! That is some advice that I really can hang on to throughout my teen years! Thank your mom for me Brittney!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a great post, and your mom is awesome.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Brittney!

    Just stopped by to say I LOVE your blog and am following!! Thanks to your Mom for the wonderful advice!!

    God bless!

    Jemimah

    bandwmade.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're awarded! pinkmels.blogspot.com

    Melody :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was some wonderful advise. I have also been blessed to have an amazing Mom who has told me the same things.....it is refreshing to see other girls with parents who are training their children according to Yahweh God's word also. Great post!

    God bless,
    Evangela Grace

    ReplyDelete

Pleas keep all comments pleasing to the Lord!