Tuesday, April 23, 2013

My life as a Missionary's kid #3

All right, so this is my third post on being a Missionary's kid! I hope you all have enjoyed them so far =) I think I am only going to do 5 posts in this series so this is the third to last one! 

 

Sickness, Food, & lodging.

Now I know what you are probably thinking right now- " what is interesting about food & getting sick!?!" Well let's just say that we've had a lot of interesting things happen that have fallen into that category! For instance a few years back we arrived late at a church's potluck before the service, the food had been sitting out for a while but yet we still ate it... Let's just say the end result was not good! Me & my brother ended up in the hospital with food poisoning and I had to have 3 I.V.s! 
#notfun 
That was probably one of the worst experiences in my life! I mean I don't think I've ever been more sick then when I was then. I literally thought I was going to die- So glad God got me through that =)
But anyway we've had lots of similar situations like that, just not as extreme!
Another thing that we also deal with while traveling is staying in LOTS OF HOTELS! And i mean lots! And while there are some awesome hotels we've stayed in well.... let's just say some weren't that great! Like the time we were staying over night in this hotel and the entire night the fire alarm was ringing and the front desk wouldn't answer our calls " it was late at night" so we had to listen to the LOUD broken fire alarm ring ALL NIGHT! We didn't get much sleep that night=/
     but I remember one time we stayed in this hotel and it was so AWESOME! There was like this huge waterfall thing and in the hotel there was this glass elevator and it was like behind the waterfall;so it was like so cool! And there breakfast was real good =) good breakfast at hotels is hard to find! Most of the time they have these eggs that look like rubber " me & my brother call them rubber duckys =D

So anyway thanks for letting me ramble about my life as a Missionary! I know I probably bored you there going on about hotels and stuff =P 

mint kitchen cabinets

Brittney Johnson is just your average (and crazy) teenage girl serving an extraordinary God. She loves reading amazing books, writing stories, and dreaming about someday publishing a book. She loves to blog and would be so glad if you read her posts, comment, and maybe even follow

4 comments:

  1. Cool!! Wow, that's so scary!! (about the food poisoning...) So glad that you're OK!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, I know this is an old post...

    Been there, done that with food poisoning. :-P (But not to the extreme of going to the hospital.) And those rubber eggs... lol.

    Just on the funny side of "Life as a Missionary's Kid" have you had funny experiences with gift baskets? Do you and your mom have to deal with the bombardments of notebooks missionaries/preacher's families get given? It seems that at every church they get the same idea that we could all use another notebook for our prayer and devotional thoughts! (As a result I always have quite the collection of notebooks and journals on hand.) And just this month we were chosen as missionary of the month at a certain church so they sent us a box of goodies. (Notebooks included, of course.) But also they somehow heard we love gummy bears, (which we do, but didn't know we had emphasized it much.) and so they gave us a huge six pound bag plus four more smaller ones. It was rather humorous.

    Whoops, that got too long. Anyways, I love these posts because I always feel that I can definitely relate to them in some way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness yes!!! LOL, I have so many notebooks I can't count them all!!! I mean like EVERY gift basket has notebooks =P that's so funny that u brought that up cause I was just talking about this the other day! So yes I I can totally relate =D good to know that other Missionaries have the same problem with an over abundance of Notebooks! LOL =) thanks 4 commenting!! Made my day =D I luv your nice long comments. It's so good to be able to talk to another MK once I a while!!

      Delete

Pleas keep all comments pleasing to the Lord!