Thursday, April 18, 2013

Words of Wisdom

Hey there! So I was thinking about some ideas on what I should post about and I came up with the idea to do a link-up! What do you all think? OK, so this link-up is called Words of Wisdom, and what you do is...
1) Choose a picture of a quote either on Pinterest, Google, or just make up one yourself.
2) Take that quote, post it on your blog & then do a post about what that quote means to you in your life.
sound good? I hope so =) 

Here is my example:

I am a little pencil in the hands of my great God. 

I got this quote of Pinterest, and it is definitely one of my favorite quotes! This quote really encourages me to tell others about Christ, and his love for EVERYONE! It also really encourages me to use my writing to glorify God. Sometimes it is so difficult to be bold and tell others about Jesus, but I feel that it is our duty as Christians to do so! Don't you think that God wants you to be a witness? I think it saddens him that so many Christians walk by people everyday who are going to Hell, but yet we don't stop and tell them about God. I heard this illustration in a church a few weeks ago, and it really touched me! 
The preacher at the church said: Imagine if you were walking down the road and you saw a house on fire, the people that lived in the house were screaming for someone to help them. But yet you didn't even stop, you kept on walking by, not even taking the time to call 911. You wouldn't do that would you? No, you would probably try to help the people trapped in that burning house. But yet we see so many people a day walking by us trapped in sin, but still we don't help them, we just keep on living our life not paying attention to those poor souls tapped by sin, and are going to some day burn in Hell. Now don't you you think it would be far worse for those people we see everyday who are going to die and burn forever, then for those people trapped in the burning house? But yet we don't try to save them.
   We need to take notice of all the lost people in the world trapped by sin and heading into eternal flames! We need to tell them about God who can free them from sin. I hope that we all remember this and try to be God's messenger.

Brittney Johnson is just your average (and crazy) teenage girl serving an extraordinary God. She loves reading amazing books, writing stories, and dreaming about someday publishing a book. She loves to blog and would be so glad if you read her posts, comment, and maybe even follow

1 comment:

  1. Sounds good, Britt:) I already posted today (=P) but maybe I'll be able to do it tomorrow!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Pleas keep all comments pleasing to the Lord!