Saturday, May 4, 2013

Just a few updates...

I Would just like to say that I am so excited about my upcoming missions trip to Guatemala!! I am so excited!! It's in only one week and a half =D I can hardly bare my excitement! I'm counting down the days. I would like to ask that all of you please start praying for my trip, that people might be saved, and that we can get out as many bibles as possible! Also please pray that we have a safe trip =)


I also was going to post something that has been on my mind lately. As a blogger I've noticed that many bloggers are very concerned about how many followers they have, etc. I've even seen people who stopped blogging because they didn't feel like they had enough followers. My mom has pointed out something this week that has come to my attention- It doesn't matter how many followers you have, or how many comments that you get on your posts. What really matters is that you are writing things to please the Lord NOT people. And I realized something- It doesn't matter how many followers you have; as long as your following the right person- GOD. If you have 10 followers or 1,000 followers it doesn't matter! Having a lot of followers doesn't mean your an amazing person just like having a small amount of followers doesn't mean you are an unimportant person! Because let me tell you this- In the Old days and even now God doesn't have a lot of followers, most of the world follow after things of this world and not God. In fact God had 12 followers; the twelve disciples. Does that mean that Jesus was not important cause he didn't have a lot of followers? ABSOLUTELY NOT! God doesn't need to have a lot of followers to be an amazing person. He all ready is an amazing person. And just for example the Pope has a lot of followers; but what does it matter because the pope isn't ANYTHING compared to God. In fact he is teaching a wrong religion and leading many people away from the Lord. 
  I have realized that recently since I've gotten a lot more followers I've began to care more about my blog; I want my posts to please my followers, and I want them to comment. And then when they don't comment I get discouraged. This is wrong of me because I should not care about how much others enjoy my posts but I should care about how much God likes my posts!
 I just thought that I would share with you all about what's on my mind =) Hope you all have a great week end!

Mother Ocean, Daughter Sea by Tristan Elwell 
What do you care about in blogging? Having tons of followers; or following God by writing posts pleasing to him?

Brittney Johnson is just your average (and crazy) teenage girl serving an extraordinary God. She loves reading amazing books, writing stories, and dreaming about someday publishing a book. She loves to blog and would be so glad if you read her posts, comment, and maybe even follow

7 comments:

  1. Have a great trip!! :)

    That's soooo true. Great job, Britt. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right on Britt! You nailed it. That is so true. :-)
    Have an awesome trip! That's so great you get to go! I'll pray for ya ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melody; your so sweet! Thank you 4 praying =D

      Delete
  3. Wow, Brittany! You are very correct about followers, thanks so much for posting! :) I'll be praying for your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm praying for you, Britt. And that's the whole truth! Thanks!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all so much 4 your prayers =D

    ReplyDelete

Pleas keep all comments pleasing to the Lord!