Tuesday, June 11, 2013

My life as a Missionary's Kid #4

It's time for the fourth post on- My life as a Missionary's kid. I hope you have enjoyed these so far =) This is my second to last post on this series and then I'll move on onto a new series! Do any of you have any suggestions or ideas for some kind of new  series? If you do please comment with your ideas =)


 

The Mission's Trips

One of my favorite things about being in the Wings ministry is that I am able to go on Mission's trips! I just recently went to Guatemala on a trip! I talked about that in this previous post. And I am also God willing going to Ireland & Scotland this August! I am so excited! And a few years back in 2010 I went to Romania =) Both of my mission's trips have been such a blessing to me. Both times they have really touched my heart and changed my life. I just can't wait to go on even more trips! Next year my dad is taking a group to Brazil for the World Cup. I am so excited about that one because I love Brazil. In case you all didn't know my dad actually grew up in Brazil because his parents where missionaries there! In fact most of my dad's family still live in Brazil as missionaries =) 

    If any of you have ever been on a Mission's trip I'm sure you enjoyed it so much. I'm sure that like mine it also touched your heart to see how blessed we are to live in America and realize how poor people are in different countries. But the real tragedy is that many of those people have never even heard about God. While we where in Guatemala we went to a school and my dad had preached. When he asked how many kids where saved not one hand went up. There where over 400 kids there that day. That just broke my heart! None of those kids had ever heard of Jesus dying on the cross for their sins! After my dad preached 9 kids got up in front of their class mates and got saved. Thank God that those 9 that got saved! It really touched my heart.

    But anyway I just thought that I would share about what a blessing it is to be part of my family's ministry! If you all would like to find out more about it please check out my family's website-

 wings bearing precious seed 

and if any of you are interested in maybe going on one of our future mission's trips you can sign up for our e-mail updates on the website which will tell you when they are, or of course when I mention them in future blog posts you can just ask about them then too =)

   

Isn't this picture beautiful? And isn't it amazing that God made all of the universe? Isn't our God truly amazing?


Brittney Johnson is just your average (and crazy) teenage girl serving an extraordinary God. She loves reading amazing books, writing stories, and dreaming about someday publishing a book. She loves to blog and would be so glad if you read her posts, comment, and maybe even follow

13 comments:

  1. Do you mind my asking what part of Romania you went to? I lived there for two years when I was younger and I'm just curious. And I'm also going back there for two weeks next month. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no problem!! We went to The city of Onesti! And that's so cool that u used to live in Romania!!

      Delete
  2. My sister and I were going to Germany this summer to help some missionaries, but the trip was postponed to this fall. We are hoping to go to Canada sometime this year also, my sister and I, to stay with a missionary couple there as interns and learn from them on how to speak to muslims about Jesus. I am so excited!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! I'm so excited for you =D I'll be praying that u have a great trip!!

      Delete
  3. Maybe you could write a series of your book writing process? Sorry if you said somewhere about what you think or whatever. I miss things very easily while reading.

    -Lee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's a good idea! I'll think about doing that =D

      Delete
  4. You should see my face every time you reply to one of my comments, I get this huge grin. It just feels so cool.
    Do you like Nancy Drew?

    -Lee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh,thanks. Um yes I like Nancy Drew a little bit but im not a huge fan! :/ I'm can I ask u a question?....how old are you? I was just wondering =D

      Delete
  5. I can't say exactly, I am very private. But I'm somewhere around 13.

    -Lee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh OK that's fine!!! =D I can totally understand!

      Delete
  6. Thanks. By the way, I love the picture of you! You're so much prettier than me!

    -Lee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwwwww, thanks! That's so sweet =D but I'm sure yor prettier then I am!

      Delete
  7. Only if I do a ton of movie make up so I look like a whole new person. Ok, I'm blabbing. I write books so much sometimes I slip into one of my character's attitudes. It weird. Are you writing a book right now?

    -Lee

    ReplyDelete

Pleas keep all comments pleasing to the Lord!