Friday, November 1, 2013

what if?

  
What if you didn't have the life you had now? How different would you be?
what if you didn't have the friends you have now?
what if you didn't have the same parents?
what if you didn't live in the same Country?

What if you had never been saved?

It's a scary thought really. Where would I be. How would I be. and Who would I be.
Sometimes I look at the world and think what they do is so awful and sinful and I think that I would never be like that. Are would I? If I never heard the gospel, if I never got saved, if I never had godly parents to guide and help me through life I believe that I would indeed be very different.
So many times we think we've got it so hard in life. We wish that we "had a different life." I must confess that I have wished that before but haven't we all? We all look at other people's lives and envy them and wish that our lives were different is some way or another. But when I sit down and think about it I realize that God has given me a wonderful life. A life that people would give anything to have. So often we think we've got it so hard when something happens to us but in reality we are blessed beyond measure. Children in so many countries are living on the streets, orphans, with no family, no food, no friends, no wealth, no comfort, and no salvation. But yet I lack for none of those.
What if we were like that? What if we didn't have the comforts of home that we have now that we don't even thank God for.
God has given me an amazing life and when I stop and think about it I am so thankful that I have the life I have.
So many people are lost and aren't going to Heaven when they die. If I didn't have the life and family I have now I probably would be dying on my way to Hell also. 
We just need to stop and realize that we have it so good. 
What if your life was different?
I don't think it would be as good as you might have imagined.
Be thankful for you life. It's a lot better then you think it is.

Beautiful. 
Keep Shining Bright
~Brittney 

Brittney Johnson is just your average (and crazy) teenage girl serving an extraordinary God. She loves reading amazing books, writing stories, and dreaming about someday publishing a book. She loves to blog and would be so glad if you read her posts, comment, and maybe even follow

5 comments:

  1. Hey Brittney,
    I have often thought about what might be if one moment in my life was different. It would be creapy, weird, different. I couldn't imagine life any other way, than the way it is right now.
    Thanks for posting!!
    Kelsi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I totally agree =) Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  2. I hate to even think about what I would be like without knowing Jesus as my personal Saviour! Do you mind if I copy this and post it on my blog and give you credit? It's very good and I would like to share it with others.

    ~Chasity S.
    http://ahomebeyondtheriver.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Inspired thoughtfulness...

    Love,
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete

Pleas keep all comments pleasing to the Lord!