Thursday, December 5, 2013

Humility and Pride

  

John 3:30 - He must increase, but I must decrease

In the world today almost everyone is talking about how we must have more "self-esteem" and telling us to "love yourself." I don't believe we should love ourselves. I'm not saying we should go around talking about how terrible we are. I believe that God has made each of us unique and you are special. But God was the one who made you that way. 
   The world we live in is so full of pride. I just heard that the word used the most this year on social sites was the word "selfie." People are just really obsessed with themselves. Pride causes so many problems. Pride causes fights- prideful people are never willing to admit they are wrong and they always try to push the blame on others. I know that I also fail at this. I think that we all are a little prideful and selfish sometimes.

  Humility is one of the greatest character qualities.Humility isn't thinking less of yourself- it's thinking of yourself less. It's putting others before yourself- putting God before yourself. In order for God to have control in our life we must humble ourselves before him. We can't serve him the way he wants us to if we are proud. Prov.16:18 - Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall.
God made us who we are. All the good qualities in us came from him. In order to serve God, we must serve others, and most of the time serving others means putting our own selfish needs aside.
   In order for God to take control in your life you need to give him the throne in your life. You must be willing to say "God you are number one. My will and my wants are not important compared to your will for my life! God won't be able to use you if you aren't willing to live and suffer for him. 
  We must be willing to put God and others first. The prideful person will say I want "my life; my way!" but we must say "My life; God's way" We must put our wants and our will for our lives aside and let God take over!


So much of what we do is based on humility or pride-that's everything. And you know we are more like Christ when we humble ourselves.
~Tim Tebow

James 4:6 - But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.

1Peter 5:6 - Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time


Keep shining bright
~Brittney 

Brittney Johnson is just your average (and crazy) teenage girl serving an extraordinary God. She loves reading amazing books, writing stories, and dreaming about someday publishing a book. She loves to blog and would be so glad if you read her posts, comment, and maybe even follow

1 comment:

Pleas keep all comments pleasing to the Lord!