Wednesday, December 4, 2013

If we survive




This book was fiction- but let me just tell you that this was probably the most thought-provoking and amazing book I've ever read! (besides the Bible of course)
It has so many things that just made me stop, stare at the page, and just think. When I first started the book I just thought that it was going to be an amazing, fast pace, on the edge off your seat adventure novel! And it was- my eyes were glued to the book and at the end of every chapter I wanted to read the next one. It was probably one of the most exciting, and suspenseful books I've read. But it was even more then that. I have no idea how the author did it but he made an amazing book full of action, adventure, and life lessons I'll never forget. This book really cast a light upon the beauty of life. It's about a group of teenagers on the run for their life- death is almost inevitable; but they will do anything to live another day. This book shows the values of: True character, True bravery, Selflessness, and just seeing the beauty of life. I promise you that if you read this book you'll see what I mean. It's like I was in the book with the characters- learning the things they were through there trails. You'll see how this book made me so much more thankful for the life I have. This book is TRULY amazing.

Amazon Description:

They came on a mission of mercy, but now they’re in a fight for their lives.
High schooler Will Peterson and three
friends journeyed to Central America to help rebuild a school. In a poor,
secluded mountain village, they won the hearts of the local people with their
energy and kindness.
But in one sudden moment, everything
went horribly wrong. A revolution swept the country. Now, guns and terror are
everywhere—and Americans are being targeted as the first to die. 
Will and his friends have got to get
out fast. But streets full of killers . . .hills patrolled by armies . . . and
a jungle rife with danger stand between them and the border. Their one hope of
escape lies with a veteran warrior who has lost his faith and may betray them
at any moment. Their one dream is to reach freedom and safety and home. 

My thoughts:

well I kind of already told you how much I love this book! lol; but I could go on and on about it forever. Another thing I really liked about it was that the author did an amazing job of weaving faith, hope, and God's love into the story. One of the main things in the book was the quote "Fear nothing, but pray about everything" and it was something that gave the main character (Will) a attitude of hope- he never gave up. He was still afraid but with God he overcome his fear. There isn't enough awesome things I could say about this book! The writer has an amazing writing style and I can not wait to read more books by him =) Let me give you all amazing advice - GET THIS BOOK NOW! You won't regret it ;)

Rating:

100 out of 5 stars =P


Keep shining Bright
~Brittney

Brittney Johnson is just your average (and crazy) teenage girl serving an extraordinary God. She loves reading amazing books, writing stories, and dreaming about someday publishing a book. She loves to blog and would be so glad if you read her posts, comment, and maybe even follow

9 comments:

  1. Ok, must get this book! :D Thanks so much Britt!! This is totally something I would read!! :D Can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. EEK! I wanna read this book RIGHT NOW. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I'd like to get this! Great review - you've captivated me! :D Thanks for posting, Britt!
    Tane ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want this now!!!! :) It sounds awesome! And it's kind of hard to find good, clean action books, but to also have Christianity in it is unfindable! ( I know that's not a word, but I just made it one :D) Now I really, REALLY want to get it! Is it a recently published book?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it was published a few years ago! I can't wait to read to read his series he wrote! It looks so awesome =D

      Delete
  5. I finially got to read this book a few months ago...IT WAS WAY AMAZING! I have also started to read Andrew Klaven's series 'The Homelanders' So far, that is just as good as 'If We Survive'!
    Thank you for letting me know about this book, Britt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is there a movie based on the Homelanders series coming out? Or is there already one?

    ReplyDelete

Pleas keep all comments pleasing to the Lord!