Friday, January 10, 2014

20 questions for readers

TW posted this on her blog and I thought it looked fun so I decided to do it too.

Flickr photo

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1. Favorite childhood book? probably American Girl's Samantha series, and the Mandie series


2. What are you reading right now?  The lost crown, & Captives


 3. What books do you have on request at the library? The fairest Beauty

4. Do you have an e-reader? yes but I never use it! I really love reading real paper books. digital books are just not my thing.

5. Do you prefer to read one book at a time, or several at once? Usually one but sometimes I read several at once

6. Favorite book you’ve read this year? Ah! There is so many. I loved reading the maze runner by: James Dashner but I didn't like the next two books in his series =/ The best book I read this year was probably If we survive. It was SO good. you can read my review of it here. And I also loved the false prince and the second book in that series the runaway king

7. How often do you read out of your comfort zone? Ha.ha.-never. Lol; I know it's awful but it's the truth.

8.  Favorite place to read? totally my bed in my room =)

9. What makes you love a book? Wonderful characters, a suspeceful plot and good writing style! I just love to be sucked into the world of my book!

10. Favorite genre? Christian fiction, historical fiction, any kind of series, mystery, and action & adventure

11. Most inspirational book you’ve read this year This year- If we survive. All time would probably be the sweetest thing by Elizebeth Musser

12. How often have you returned books to the library unread? not often. But I'm generally a picky reader!

13. Favorite fictional character? Ahhh! Impossible question. To give one boy I'd say Sage from The false prince (amazing book) and for a girl...oh...maybe....Bree from Viking quest (great series by the way)

14. Favorite fictional villain? Oh good grief...I have no idea. For this one I'm going to do movie villian and I say Rumple from Once upon a time =D

15. Name a book that you could/would not finish. Divergent because of some iffy scenes.

16. What distracts you easily when you’re reading? NOISE.

17. Favorite film adaptation of a novel? War horse maybe!?! 

18. How often do you skim a book before reading it? This is a terrible habit of mine but I do it ALL the time.

19. (I'm adding this question) List of some of your all time favorite books.

Running out of time

Adventures of the northwoods (series)

Boston Jane (series)

Andrea Carter (series)

Viking Quest (series)

Milly Keith (series)

The false prince (and all other books by Jennifer Neilson)

Palace of mirrors

Princess academy 

If we survive

Cottonwood whispers (Part of an AMAZING series)

Midnight rider

Annabeth's war


Hope you all enjoyed =) Feel free to answer these questions on your blog!


P.S. Sorry about the crazy font change.


Keep shining bright
~Brittney 

Brittney Johnson is just your average (and crazy) teenage girl serving an extraordinary God. She loves reading amazing books, writing stories, and dreaming about someday publishing a book. She loves to blog and would be so glad if you read her posts, comment, and maybe even follow

11 comments:

  1. Brittney,
    I recently did this to my blog, and it is really awesome. You can add a "Reblog" button to your posts. Here is the link to a website that shows the step-by-step on how to do it: http://www.mybloggerlab.com/2013/06/how-to-allow-users-to-reblog-your-posts-in-blogger.html

    Hope this helps! :)

    ~Michaela

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was great to read! :) I WILL read If We Survive before January 1st, 2015. ;)

    TW Wright
    ravensandwriting.blogspotcom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome post! I'm going to have to steal this from you Britt! :P Oh it's nice to know someone who's read (or read some of it) Divergent. I was going to rent it and read it, but I thought it might have a few iffy parts. So what do you think of the book, and do you recommend me reading it? Don't worry about making me feel that you are telling me what to do, because I truly want you're opinion, because I don't want to read a book, and not be able to finish it if you know what I mean :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok well I've heard so many good reviews about the book and so many people loved it. But my family kind of has a rule for reading certain books and I just felt that for my parent's standards I wouldn't feel comfortable reading the book. I will say that it was a VERY good book as in the plot, characters,etc. but there was some very iffy scenes in the first book and I just didn't want to get into the series knowing it might just get worse. But anyway that's just what I thought about it =) A good read but some inappropriate romance scenes in my opinion but most people wouldn't agree with me. lol; but anyway I guess it's kind of just up to what you feel comfortable reading,etc.

      Delete
    2. Thanks so much! Yeah I know some people have different standards, so thanks so much! :)

      Delete
  4. Oh, you have the same childhood favorites as me! I loved Samantha, but even more Mandie. For a time I read a Mandie book a day. :)
    Running Out Of Time and Princess Academy are such good books too! Those are certainly some of my favorites. You have good taste!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! We have so much in common =) Mandie used to be my life! lol.

      Delete
  5. Loved this! ;) I see you looove reading, just like me!

    PS: Please go check out my last post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will sooo do this!
    http://christianreviewsbylydia.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for all the new suggestions :)

    ReplyDelete

Pleas keep all comments pleasing to the Lord!