Monday, April 28, 2014

Don't Rust Out

 colours
 This weekend me and my family went to Cincinnati for a Homeschool Convention and we were staying in this hotel up there that had a swimming pool. Since we hadn't gone swimming in forever me and my brother decided we'd go down to the pool...but anyway to get straight to the point I was just relaxing out in the pool and floating when I looked up and saw these old fire extinguisher sprayers (the pool was indoors) and they were all rusted up from un-use, old age, etc. and the thought just came to me- I hope that I'm not like that. I hope I'm not all rusty as a Christian. I hope I'm active for Christ and that I'm not full of rust -sin and such-in my life. And that's what inspired this post...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I've come up with three points on how we can prevent "rusting" in our Christian life. I hope this will be a help and blessing to you all.

1) Stay active in your spiritual walk with Christ
Rust develops when water and other things get onto a metal surface. And this usually happens when things sit for a long period of time with lack of care. This can happen in the Christian life in a way. We often loose excitement in serving Christ and then we slack on time spent in his word and in prayer. Don't do this! The number one thing that will bring us down in the Christian life is not keeping consistent in our walk with God! We must spend time with him daily or we'll see the consequences- our lives will start to rust. 
2) Stay Clean/Avoid the sin of this world
Rust is dirty, hard and not pleasant to the eye. It shows lack of care. We all care about our lives I'm sure but we so often unknowingly set them down the wrong road. We must stay away from bad influences in our lives. We must be set apart from this world. Psalm 51:10 - Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.
We must have a clean heart. We must thing on things of the Lord. Phil 4:8 - Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.
If we keep our hearts and minds clean our lives will be clean too.
3) Keep focused 
Keep focused on what really matters in life. So often we get so sidetracked by things in our life (Ex. School, sports, friends, technology) We loose sight of what is really going to mean something in the end. We must keep our eyes focused on God and things of Him. If we do our lives won't "rust" or fall apart. They'll be clean and pure. I want to live my life as clean as possible but I know I can not do that in my own power. If I do I'll fail daily. We must put our faith in God because through Him and only Him will we win victory over sin in our lives.

God doesn't give us what we can handle. He helps us handle what we have been given.
We won't be able to overcome our lives "rusting out" on our own but if we ask God and diligently follow him he will protect and guide us! We just got to give him our heart.


2Tim 2:22 -  Flee also youthful lusts: but follow righteousness, faith, charity, peace, with them that call on the Lord out of a pure heart.

Brittney Johnson is just your average (and crazy) teenage girl serving an extraordinary God. She loves reading amazing books, writing stories, and dreaming about someday publishing a book. She loves to blog and would be so glad if you read her posts, comment, and maybe even follow

11 comments:

  1. That was beautiful Brittney! :-) Great Job!

    God Bless, Amy
    <3 Jesus was my first love <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Brittney! Very encouraging and challenging words.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Britt! I tagged you for the Liebster Blog award:
    http://lechaimontheright.com/2014/04/liebster-award.html :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you don't mind but I nominated you for the Liebster Award. I know you have already done it, so I understand if you don't do it again.
    http://mary.burroughstribe.com/2014/04/30/the-liebster-award/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely post. I found it very inspirational and encouraging...Brittney, you are a great writer! :) Thank you for this, girl.
    Tane ♥
    tangerinetane.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I tagged you for the Sunshine Award at my blog

    http://arkansaschestertonian.blogspot.com/2014/05/sunshine-award.html

    Thanks! And great post, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I awarded you for the Sunflower blogger - http://thepianist98.wordpress.com/2014/05/03/sunflower-blogger-award/
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This was really encouraging! Thanks for posting it Brittney!
    xoxo,
    Brooke Jordan

    Pineapples & Daisies

    ReplyDelete

Pleas keep all comments pleasing to the Lord!