Monday, May 19, 2014

Things I've learned...

So I didn't know what to post today but I thought that it would be neat to do a post about the things I've learned over the years from movies, books, etc. So today I'm going to share some quotes and things that can really make an impact in your every day life. Now I normally do not support movies, entertainment things, etc. because I feel that there is always something negative in the world's entertainment and I don't want to advertise that kind of stuff. But I thought it would be good to share some of these things. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bambi... I wish everyone would do this! 
I don't know about you but for me Bambi was a total heart breaker for me as a kid. But beside that point I will always remember Thumper saying "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say nothin' at all." And can I say that is probably the best advice. Seriously! I can't even count how many times I might have said something unkind or uncaring and I've regretted it so bad. Always be kind with your words.

 words are life  The Book Thief 

Words are life. 
This is so true. Words can be used so powerfully! They can bring forth life or break a life. This quote comes from the movie the book thief. Can I just say that everyone should see this movie. It literally changed the way I look at life. I've never seen a sadder movie though and I literally bawled my eyes out after watching it. 

 Captain America quote  
Stand up for what is right. My favorite super hero is by far captain America. He shows the real meaning to what our Country stands for but what it has lost sight of. We must stand for what we believe in. We must stand strong as soldiers not only for our country but for our God.

Lord of the Rings Quote from Gandalf <3-- this was one of my favorite quotes in the trilogy 
This is oh so true. Sometimes we can't choose the things that happen to us. But we can choose how to handle them, and we can make a difference. "All we have to decides is what to do with the time that is given us." Make your life count. Do something today to make a difference for your future.

 "Every life is beautiful." October Baby, movie about an abortion survivor. It is touching and well-done. Stars John Schneider and Rachel Hendrix 
This quote is from October Baby. An amazing movie about the power of love and forgiveness. Always remember that every life is beautiful. Treat everyone beautifully.

Alone Yet Not Alone by Tracy Leininger Craven 

Alone yet not alone is an amazing story about two sisters who are kidnapped by Indians and they're amazing survival. This was probably one of the best books I ever read and I am SO excited about the movie coming out soon. I encourage you to look into reading this book. The message is so true and inspiring. 

This song was written by Joni Eareckson  Tada  for the movie and I though I'd share the beautiful words on here:

I'm alone, yet not alone.
God's the light that will guide me home.
With His love and tenderness,
Leading through the wilderness,
And wherever I may roam,
I'm alone, yet not alone.

I will not be bent in fear.
He's the refuge I know is near.
In His strength I find my own.
By His faithful mercies shown.
That so mighty is His shield
All His love is now revealed.

When my steps are lost.
And desperate for a guide,
I can feel his touch,
A soothing presence by my side.

Alone, yet not alone.
Not forsaken when on my own.
I can lean upon His arm,
And be lifted up from harm.
If I stumble, or if I'm thrown,
I'm alone, yet not alone.

When my steps are lost.
And desperate for a guide,
I can feel his touch,
A soothing presence by my side.

By my side!

He has bound me with His love,
Watchful angels look from above.
Every evil can be braved,
For I know I will be saved.
Never frightened on my own,
I'm alone, yet not alone. 

Alone yet not alone.
 



Keep shining bright
~Brittney

Brittney Johnson is just your average (and crazy) teenage girl serving an extraordinary God. She loves reading amazing books, writing stories, and dreaming about someday publishing a book. She loves to blog and would be so glad if you read her posts, comment, and maybe even follow

4 comments:

  1. I absolutely love Alone Yet Not Alone too and have watched the trailer like fifty times already! Can't wait for the movie! Oh, and I loved Bambi too as a smaller kid (despite the fact that my whole family are passionate hunters)
    Thanks for posting, Britt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, you posted some of my favorite movies!!! I love Captain America, and October Baby. My favorite out of your list is The Book Thief by far. Have you seen Mom's Night Out? The people who made October Baby also did Mom's Night Out, if you haven't seen it you need to!!! It's my all time favorite movie as of right now!!!
    Kelsi
    http://messybits01.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes we took my mom to go see it and she loved it and I did too! It was HILARIOUS. Love it so much. I just love all those movies that those people make. Moms night out is so one of my favs now too :)

      Delete
  3. Love them. :)

    I nominated you for the Leibster Award over at my blog teen words of steel. :)

    ReplyDelete

Pleas keep all comments pleasing to the Lord!