Monday, May 5, 2014

This wonderful life of mine

I had no idea what to post today (and I haven't posted for quite awhile) so i just thought i'd just do a little random post. Mostly a Pinterest raid, some news going on in my life, and some Q&A from some more blog awards and tags I've gotten.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Life is like a roller coaster. You can either scream every time there is a bump or you can throw your hands up and enjoy the ride.

Life has been quite wonderful for me lately. Yes, there are still difficult times and yes I still have my share of disappointments but God has just just put this joy and contentment in my heart. I''m so happy here in KY. We just moved here a few months ago and it was like the best thing that ever happened to me. Our new church is so wonderful. God's really been working on my heart through the messages and I just love working with the bus kids.
A few years ago I would have never imagined I'd be where I am today.
A few months ago I thought things would never work out for the good in my life. 
But I was wrong.
So wrong.
Guys if your struggling with something and you think you're never going to make it,believe me, God is ALWAYS there. Even when you don't think he is. Our timing is not God's timing. It took me awhile to realize that but now I do. If things had gone the way I planned it I wouldn't have been where I am today. 
 As I look back on my life, I realize that every time I thought I was being rejected from something good I was actually being re-directed to something better.
But God always had a plan, a purpose, and even though a few months back I didn't see his plan I see it now. And I believe. I believe that through it all he'll take care of me and that I can always trust in him.
He's got it in control.
He always has; and he always will.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~  

So ^ I didn't plan on writing all that but it was something on my heart and I just thought I'd get it out.

So Friday I learned how to sew (kind of) YAY! I've never known how to sew anything but this wonderful lady at our church has started teaching me and my mom how to sew :) I actually really enjoyed it and can't wait to learn more! 
  Also I don't know if many of you all know this but I love to redo furniture. And this weekend I found a chair for $1 at a yard sale and I also got a $1 mini table xD So I'm pretty excited. Can't wait to redo them and resale them for more profit!

This weekend our youth group is having a youth rally at our church =D So excited! There'll be like tons of teenagers from different churches coming and I'm just pretty thrilled about it. Can't wait to hear some good preaching, fellowship with other teens, and just have a great time. 

Well I think that's all the news.......
Some people make your laugh a little louder, your smile a little brighter, and you life a little better. 
^ This is just so true. I am just so thankful for the people God has put in my life. I know so many wonderful people it's amazing. The best feeling in the world is to be with a few friends that your just so comfortable with that it doesn't matter what your doing they make it fun! I love being with people. Especially the ones who I know just love me for me and love Christ.
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~  

OK now for the random Pinterest raid =D

  
YES! Oh my goodness it kills me sometimes wondering about this.

 Oh I was just talking about this yesterday! I do this ALL the time. It's always so extremely awkward... 

Oh I was just talking about this yesterday! I do this ALL the time. It's always so extremely awkward... 



this could not be more true. 


true story 

 

 It's true. 

Ha.Ha. so true. Love the pink ones

 

 YES 

Um...I still do call it duck tape! lol

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ok so now for the tag/award answers

(yes i realize this is beginning to be a long post. sorry...but I had a lot I wanted to post today)

 I didn't have time to do the whole award process so I decided to just answer all the questions!

Samantha S. awarded me the Liebster award and asked these questions: 

 

1. Favorite historical book?
 I have SO many....Tutor's daughter and Fireflies in December maybe
 
2. Favorite Disney Channel Original Movie?
GEEK CHARMING =D Love that movie. So much.
 
3. Favorite quote?
"I'm just a pen in the hands of a mighty God writing a love letter to the world."  (plus 1000 other ones)

4. Pinterest or Facebook?
Pinterest ALL the way
 
5. Fictional crush?
Kristoff...Captain America....and Hook
 
6. Hero?
Jesus, and then my daddy
 
7. What is your fashion style?
Casual and cute
 
8. If you could go on any TV show, what would it be?
When calls the heart <3
 
9. Write an acrostic poem with your name describing yourself.
B. bold
R. reader
I.inspecting
T. truthful
T. thoughtful
N.  (I can not think of anything for N. So like maybe nutella because I love that.lol)
E. enthusiastic
Y. youthful

10. Worst song ever?
uhhhhhhhhhhh.....no idea. lol
 
11. Favorite Ben and Jerry’s ice cream?
 Everything that has chocolate in it! 
 

Mary B. asked me these questions also: 

1- Describe yourself in three words.
 curious, enthusiastic, and strong-willed
 
2- Share a favorite childhood memory.
baking Christmas cookies with my family and having frosting fights :)
 
3- Favorite past-time.
reading,blogging, and playing the piano
 
4- If you have to pick from cleaning the kitchen or cleaning the bathroom, which would you pick?
Kitchen. So kitchen. Hate cleaning bathrooms. lol
 
5- What are three things you would like to do when you ‘grow up’?
Be in the ministry, be a published author, and do graphic design
 
6- Are you always hungry?
sometimes i guess.
 
7- Short or Tall?
average
 
8- What is your favorite animal?
dogs, cats, and horses
 
9- What is your favorite color hair?
strawberry blond!
 
10- What is your favorite children’s book?
Mandie
 
11- Are you a night owl or a Early bird?
NIGHT OWL! Hate mornings

 

 Now for Ajax's questions:



Do you prefer cats or dogs?

Usually dogs 

     What is your favorite outside activity?
archery. And soccer.
 
     If you got to meet one of the presidents, who would it be?
Ronald Reagan 
 
      What is your favorite fantasy series?
The Ascendance Trilogy
 
     If you had been Peter Jackson, would you have changed the name of the last Hobbit movie to “The Battle of Five Armies” or stayed with “There and Back Again”?
 I'd keep there and back again :)
 
     What is your favorite time of the day?
evening
 
     Are you from the North or the South?
Born in the North; raised in the South!
 
      Who is your favorite character in Pride and Prejudice?
Elizabeth
 
     Are you homeschooled, public schooled, or graduated?
Homeschooled =D
 
     Any plans for college?
yes. I hope to either go to Bible college or go for graphic design at a community college in the area
 
     What is the last thing you were doing before you began answering the questions?
Algebra. Terrible algebra. lol; I hate it with a passion.
 
 
 Goodness I didn't realize I was tagged by four people! I feel so honored...

Lastly my answers to Jemimah's Questions: 
 
 
1. What is your view on boyfriend/girlfriend relationships?
I believe that our sociaty has given the copletely wrong standard for dating, relashionships, etc. I believe that a relashionship between a girl and a boy should be taken seriously and not lightly. I don't believe in the world's view of "dating" but I believe in God's way-courting or also known as "dating with a purpose." I think so many girls think their in love with a guy at a young age and start in a relashionship which very often doesn't last. Soon they find another guy they like, then another, and then another. Dating is like saying "I'm going to just be in a relashionship with every guy I think I like until I find the right one." We shouldn't do this. I believe we should wait and pray very carefully before persuing a relashionship. It's a very serious matter and can not be handled lightly.

2. What is the most awesome song you have ever heard?
Oh I have so many. I can't just pick one!

3. If there is one person you could meet, who would it be?
The Duggars

4. How old were you when you were saved?
five

5. What is your biggest pet peeve?
arrogant people 

6. What was the most embarrassing moment of your life?
*giggles nervously* too embarrassing to put on here....lol. I have some pretty terrible ones.

7. What was the sweetest thing a little kid has ever said to you?
Well...I had one little girl tell me I was pretty and that made my day. But when a little kid tells you they love you...well it's just the best feeling on Earth!




Ok guys please don't kill me for this EXTREMELY long post. lol; but hopefully you enjoyed at least some of it!


Keep shining bright
~~Brittney
 




 

Brittney Johnson is just your average (and crazy) teenage girl serving an extraordinary God. She loves reading amazing books, writing stories, and dreaming about someday publishing a book. She loves to blog and would be so glad if you read her posts, comment, and maybe even follow

5 comments:

  1. You know, pretty much everyone who got tagged by me said they would have stuck with "There and Back Again". I think Jackson might have made a mistake ;) Loved all the answers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tag, your it ;) http://ailigirl.blogspot.ca/2014/05/the-sunshine-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for this encouragement and putting a smile on my face!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry this is kinda late but I was just wondering who Tutor's Daughter was written by. Is it by Julie Klassen? If so have you read her other books??? Do you think they are fairly acceptable as far as the romance and relationships in each one???
    Thanks,
    Lexi

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was fun to read! I totally agree with the title for the Hobbit movie. I'm not liking the new title :/
    - Katie

    ReplyDelete

Pleas keep all comments pleasing to the Lord!