Monday, June 2, 2014

The Inheritance

It's time for a book review! Haven't done one for awhile and I just read this amazing book so I just had to do a review for it.

The Inheritance

by: Louisa May Alcott

17558 

So I'm sure almost all of you are familiar with Alcott who is best known for writing "little women" which was later made into a popular movie. But few have read her other books...and can I say they are so amazing. I've read her books: Eight cousins, Rose in bloom, and an Old-fashioned girl and they were all so good! I've been wanting to read "the inheritance" for such a long time now but hadn't been able to get my hands on it till now! But it was certainly worth the wait :)

book's summary: 

Edith Adelton is an Italian orphan living with the rich and prosperous Hamiltons. She serves as Amy Hamilton's governess and is loved by her and her brother Arthur. But she soon finds out her clouded past can hold a very wealthy future for herself when she finds out she is heir to a very large inheritance. But will this inheritance take away the ones she loves best? Will she give up love for riches or will she sacrifice luxury for her friends?

My thoughts:

I loved this book! Alcott always does a wonderful job. Although for those of you who aren't into more classical books you might not like it. The inheritance was written in the 1800s when Alcott was only seventeen so some of the writings language use is different from now but I still found the book very easy to read and enjoyable. The main character Edith was absolutely wonderful and Percy is probably know one of my favorite book characters. I must say this book had the purest most beautiful love story. It was beautifully written and the characters were great.

My rating: The best--great--good-- It was OK -- not worth reading -- I hated it



Brittney Johnson is just your average (and crazy) teenage girl serving an extraordinary God. She loves reading amazing books, writing stories, and dreaming about someday publishing a book. She loves to blog and would be so glad if you read her posts, comment, and maybe even follow

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to read it! I've watched the movie, and loved it. Thanks for the review. =)

    ~jj

    ReplyDelete

Pleas keep all comments pleasing to the Lord!