Monday, July 14, 2014

Before you meet prince charming

Today I'm going to post a book review/devotion for all you Christian girls out there! The above statement^ is a very true one.  In our culture, all girls can think about is the current crush they have.  I believe that all girls really want to get married and live happily ever after.  It's a dream and desire that I believe God gave us, but society has taken that desire way too far. 

  My mom and I were talking the other day on the right age for dating (actually in my family we call it courting) My parents rule for me is: no dating till I'm 18.  While talking about with my mom, I mentioned that I thought the current average dating age was probably lower than age 16. After talking about it, I was curious to see what the actual average was so I googled it....the average age now is about 13 to 14 years of age. This just completely shocked me and my mom!

  I don't know about you, but to me that is crazy! Dating is a serious matter but the world has watered it down by saying that you can date however many guys you want until you find the right one. That is SO wrong. Why have a relationship with a handful of guys if you want to get married someday? Don't you want to try to be just with one instead of giving part of your heart away to multiple guys? Wouldn't you prefer to wait for the one God created for you? Dating at a young age is unrealistic because it's very unlikely that you'll end up marrying that person. I understand that in your life you most likely will have more than one crush...but just because you like someone doesn't mean they are the right one! Crushes often don't even last very long. The world says: " if you think you like them then pursue them,  if you then don't like them-dump them."

  Girls, we need not to focus so much on who we will marry or when we'll get married. I know this is harder than it sounds. We often dream of our future and who we will spend it with. But, I honestly believe that if we'd start focusing more on who we need to be for God then he'll put our prince charming in our life, when he sees fit. God knows who the right guy is for us!  So, what's the use of us trying to figure that out now? God is in control. Not us. We just got to wait on him to bring the right one, instead of seeking out someone ourselves. 

   Don't conform to the pressure of this world that says: you need a boyfriend, and you need one now. The world says: date as many guys as you want until you find the right one.
God says: wait. 

Waiting is hard, but wouldn't you prefer to wait for the right guy instead of sampling all the wrong guys?

I highly recommend Sarah Mally's book: Before you meet prince charming 

This book is so good! I would totally suggest it to any young lady. If your serious about serving God with your life and you want to prepare to be the right help meet for your future prince charming I really encourage you to get this book!


Brittney Johnson is just your average (and crazy) teenage girl serving an extraordinary God. She loves reading amazing books, writing stories, and dreaming about someday publishing a book. She loves to blog and would be so glad if you read her posts, comment, and maybe even follow

12 comments:

  1. This is a great post and exactly what many need :) Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great post Brittney! It is so sad that the world is so mistaken in their thinking. Just the other day I met a 14 year old girl and she was saying that she was starting high school and that her father was going to check out all the boys for her and I was thinking "are you kidding?! Your fourteen years old!" sadly I realized that to her that was normal, that she will go to school with a list of boys that you can date. It makes you thankful for the Christian family you are in. Waiting is the right thing. If it's the Lord's will he will bring your Prince Charming in his own perfect time. I sure know that I want to marry the first and only man that I court.:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes; it's so sad that that is "normal" in our world today! And I am SO thankful for my Christian family-God has truly blessed me. Thank you so much for commenting :) Keep serving Christ!

      Delete
  3. I nominated you for an award on my blog: http://steppingtowardtheson.blogspot.com/2014/07/yet-another-liebster-award.html?showComment=1405713056850#c6417516718592759195

    ReplyDelete
  4. I nominated you for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award. :-) http://mary.burroughstribe.com/2014/07/19/very-inspiring-blogger/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey you´ve a great blog!
    Please check out mine and if you want we can follow each other
    here on bloglovin and via GFC?
    Let me know, now it´s your turn.
    xoxo

    http://www.styleshower.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. My parents have the same rule. I'm so glad to see someone in the same boat as me. I go to a public school, and there are some girls that have been dating as young as eleven years old. ELEVEN!!! There really is no point to dating at such a young age when you have no intention of marrying in the near future. It's so sad. People try to convince me that I'll start dating in high school because "everyone does". They don't understand that I see no point in dating at such a young age.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great that your trying to be different from the world! I know it's hard but it'll so be worth it...

      Delete
  7. doing dialog assignments together for understudies is dependably the best thing to do. Gathering work custom writing by smartcustomwriting.net opens up numerous understudies to genuine and helpful collaborations which you would not have achieved all alone.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMIGOSH THIS!! THIS is so true. THIS is what the entire world (and our country) needs. Dating is truly just a game that people play just to fit in, and because they don't understand the meaning of "love." If you haven't even discerned a vocation to married life, then what's the point of dating? Also, by picking whoever you date w/out praying first, how do you even know that God wants you to be with him?

    And 13-14 as the average dating age? so sad. I'm 14, and I don't even want to imagine having to keep a relationship with a guy in addition to my family, friend, and God. I totally agree with you.

    So glad that I found you through BlogsByKids. You are so beautiful and amazing and inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you are so right! And oh thanks so much girl =) You're so sweet.

      Delete

Pleas keep all comments pleasing to the Lord!