Monday, August 11, 2014

Banana Tres Leches

Banana Tres Leches Dessert 

This last Saturday we had some people over and my mom asked me to make a dessert. I wasn't really sure what to make but I thought I'd go for something kind of special and unusual. My dad has always loved Tres Leches and we both like bananas so I decided to try out this new recipe I found--Banana Tres Leches. Wasn't sure how it would turn out but I tried it anyway! It was a smashing success! lol; My dad LOVED it and the others did too.
 I know I haven't ever posted a recipe on here before but I personally always like finding new recipes so I thought I'd share with you all this one.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Banana Tres Leches


1 box of white cake mix (super moist works best)
2 tablespoons of  vegetable oil
1 1/4 cup water
3 eggs 
1 cup mashed bananas (2 bananas)
1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup (from 14-oz can) coconut milk (not cream of coconut)
1/2 cup whipping cream
1 container of fluffy, white frosting
 

Directions

  •   Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Grease bottom only of 13x9-inch pan.
  •   In large bowl, beat cake mix, water, oil, eggs and mashed bananas with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds, then on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. 
  • Pour into pan.
  •   Bake 33 to 38 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
  •  Cool completely (this is very important. Cake can not be warm.)
  •   Poke top of cake every 1/2 inch with a fork, wiping fork occasionally to reduce sticking.
  •  In large bowl, stir together condensed milk, coconut milk and whipping cream. Carefully pour evenly over top of cake. 
  • Cover; refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight until mixture is absorbed into cake. (the longer the better)
  • Spread frosting over cake. (you can Garnish each serving with banana slices and/or toasted coconut for extra flavor and decoration)
  • Keep refrigerated until served 
 
 
Hope at least one of you all make this sometime! And if you do I'd love to know how you liked it. Do you all like the idea of me posting recipes or are you not really interested?

Brittney Johnson is just your average (and crazy) teenage girl serving an extraordinary God. She loves reading amazing books, writing stories, and dreaming about someday publishing a book. She loves to blog and would be so glad if you read her posts, comment, and maybe even follow

4 comments:

  1. I am soo going to try that!!! I also love new recipes!! I will let you know if I do and how we like it!! :) Looks very yummy!!!!!!! ~bre

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I hope you do try it out! Hopefully you'll like it :)

      Delete
  2. That looks delicious! Since I can't be there to taste it, I think I'll have some virtual banana tres leches and then maybe I'll go make the recipe for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ermahgerd, I am totally going to try that once I get all the ingredients I need. XD

    ReplyDelete

Pleas keep all comments pleasing to the Lord!