Banana Tres Leches
2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
1 1/4 cup water
1/2 cup (from 14-oz can) coconut milk (not cream of coconut)
1/2 cup whipping cream
1 container of fluffy, white frosting
- Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Grease bottom only of 13x9-inch pan.
- In large bowl, beat cake mix, water, oil, eggs and mashed bananas with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds, then on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally.
- Pour into pan.
- Bake 33 to 38 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool completely (this is very important. Cake can not be warm.)
- Poke top of cake every 1/2 inch with a fork, wiping fork occasionally to reduce sticking.
- In large bowl, stir together condensed milk, coconut milk and whipping cream. Carefully pour evenly over top of cake.
- Cover; refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight until mixture is absorbed into cake. (the longer the better)
- Spread frosting over cake. (you can Garnish each serving with banana slices and/or toasted coconut for extra flavor and decoration)
- Keep refrigerated until served
- Hope at least one of you all make this sometime! And if you do I'd love to know how you liked it. Do you all like the idea of me posting recipes or are you not really interested?