Saturday, November 8, 2014

Life is a vapor//a guest post

 James 4:14 - Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away.

The following is a guest post by one of my closest friends Hope McDaniel. Hope you all enjoy this. Hope her words are as helpful to you as they have been to me over the years :) Love you Hope!

 


Life is a vapor. We have a certain number of days to live, and quickly they are slipping by. One day your going to be standing before God and what will you have to say about your life? There's no excuse making then. So what will it be for you? One day seeing you wasting your life on countless hours on Pinterest or Instagram? 
   Recently I was thinking about all God has done for me, I mean he literally has given me it all. How can I know that and then give nothing back to him? 
 Really none of these trivial things matter in Eternity, I mean seriously there are tons of dying souls out there and I'm afraid of what some random girl will think about me if i talk to her about God? Like what will that matter in a thousand years? We make such stupid excuses, we get so caught up in little things, we have this "I'll live forever" mentality. Or "I'll start living for God later in my life", what if you don't get a tomorrow?
  What if you say that but the days keep passing and its not happening? So why just go out of for Christ today? Why not live radically for Christ?

Brittney Johnson is just your average (and crazy) teenage girl serving an extraordinary God. She loves reading amazing books, writing stories, and dreaming about someday publishing a book. She loves to blog and would be so glad if you read her posts, comment, and maybe even follow

2 comments:

  1. Hope you are a great writer! I love your post! It was so encouraging to me today!
    Brittany, I nominated you! reasonstosmile4jesus.blogspot.com
    ~Clara~

    ReplyDelete

Pleas keep all comments pleasing to the Lord!