Monday, December 22, 2014

Christmas Time

Christmas Eve 
I absolutely love this picture! It just shows the brightness and joy that Christmas brings. Tomorrow me and my family will be headed to IN for Christmas! It hasn't snowed there yet but I'm hoping for a white Christmas. Can't wait to go be with family and celebrate the birthday of our Lord Jesus. The greatest gift of all was never wrapped in paper but wrapped in God's amazing love-his son. It's amazing when you really think about how God sent his son-a King, to be born in a stable (with animals), layed in a manger, and wrapped in swaddling clothes! And all because of his amazing love for us! This Christmas don't forget the real reason for Christmas. It's not about opening gifts but it's about the Great Gift-Jesus. 

            There's this amazing song called "Where's the line to see Jesus?" 
 Around this time of year you see lines of kids waiting to tell Santa what they want for Christmas. They don't know the true meaning of what Christmas is really all about. It's not about asking Santa for presents for Christmas but it's about the presence of Christ. He is the REASON for the SEASON. 


" Where's the Line to see Jesus".

Christmas time was approaching
Snow was starting to fall
Shoppers choosing their presents
People filling the mall
Children waiting for Santa
With excitement and glee
A Little boy tugged my sweater
Looked up and asked me,
"Where's the line to see Jesus?
Is He here at the store?
If Christmas time is His birthday,
Why don't we see Him more?
Where's the line to see Jesus?
He was born for me.
Santa Clause brought me presents,
But Christ gave His life for Me."

As I stood in amazement
At this message profound
I looked down to thank him
He was no where around.
A little boy at he mall
Might as well had had wings
As the tears filled my eyes
I thought I heard him sing:
"Where's the line to see Jesus?
Is He here at the store?
If Christmas time is His birthday,
Why don't we see Him more?
Where's the line to see Jesus?
He was born for me.
Santa Clause brought me presents,
But Christ gave His life for me."
In the blink of an eye,
At the sound of His trump't,
We'll all stand in line at His throne.
Every knee shall bow down.
Every tongue shall confess that Jesus Christ is Lord.
Where's the line to see Jesus?
Is He here at the store?
If Christmas time is His birthday,
Why don't we see Him more?
Where's the line to see Jesus?
He was born for me.
Santa Clause brought me presents,
But Christ gave His life for me.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Brittney Johnson is just your average (and crazy) teenage girl serving an extraordinary God. She loves reading amazing books, writing stories, and dreaming about someday publishing a book. She loves to blog and would be so glad if you read her posts, comment, and maybe even follow

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pleas keep all comments pleasing to the Lord!