Saturday, December 6, 2014

God's amazing plan

This is a guest post by my amazing friend Hope McDaniel. Hope you all get a blessing out of this!
                                           Very successful flagstone path through a meadow with striking white Alliums
So a bunch of us teens are eating together, and the adult at the table starts asking everybody what their future plans are..
"Going to Maranatha for Pastoral Studies"
"Biomathematics"
"Music education with a goal of teaching in a University"
"Radiology"

And the list goes on and on, then it hits me, I have no clue what I want to do.
And then I start flipping out.
Oh of course I've dreamed of doing lots of things, but none seem quiet right. And then colleges, oh the list is extensive. And money, I don't even have a stable job, how in the world will I ever pay for college? Should I even try going? Should I go to the mission field, or serve in some ministry in the US? What if I miss out on God's best for my life? What is God's will? When will i find it?

I think some of those questions are things we all think about during  our teens years. And honestly, we've only got one shot at our future, so it can be pretty intimidating. But recently I came across a great book called "Discovering your Destiny"(its a great read, I would definitely recommend it) and it put things in a great perspective for me. I just want to share a few of those thoughts with you guys.

1) Gods got an awesome plan just for you. "Gods will" isn't some scary thing designed to suck all the fun out your life. Its actually so much better than we could imagine, and it definitely is the best option in the end. Don't dread it, anticipate it. 

2) Gods will isn't some hidden object your trying to find. God doesn't just send you on this search all alone. No, he wants you to walk with him and step by step, opportunity by opportunity he brings his will into your life. 

3) Daily walking with him is key. In order for God to show you his will and to work that out in your life, you have to daily spend time with him. Walking with him and getting to know him better. It reminds me of the servant who found Jacobs wife, "I, being in the way". 

4) You want to know God's will? You already have it. Obey what you know, and God will show you the rest. For example, God's will is for you to give thanks in everything, for you to obey your parents, for you to work your hardest at all you do(school would def. fall in that category), he wants you to reach out to lost souls and tell others about him. Right now while we wait, why not do what he clearly wants for our lives right now? 

Don't get so bogged down about all the pressure and decisions. Stay close to God and trust him, he's got this under control. 

Brittney Johnson is just your average (and crazy) teenage girl serving an extraordinary God. She loves reading amazing books, writing stories, and dreaming about someday publishing a book. She loves to blog and would be so glad if you read her posts, comment, and maybe even follow

1 comment:

  1. so true! I'm a high school senior and it so easy to get stressed about these important decisions we face. Thanks for the reminder Hope!

    ReplyDelete

Pleas keep all comments pleasing to the Lord!